A good Bluetooth speaker can transform a mundane event into an exhilarating party. The only problem is picking out which one of the mini speaker systems you will use.
Many of them are great products. However, if you are not careful, there are some duds. But we try to cut through the clutter to help you avoid the unfortunate mistake of selecting a low-quality product.
The things to consider when choosing the Bluetooth speaker for your home or office:
- Durability: Will people be inebriated and bumping this unit off tables or stands? Is it going to be subjected to impact where it sits be it from foot traffic or projectiles (think: lawn games).
- Weather resistance: How will this unit hold up in light mists or rain? What happens near the pool if there’s some splash? You also need to feel confident the integrity of the speaker will be intact even after being exposed to humidity near the shower. Any data on its ability to withstand temperature extremes? What’s its IP rating (ingress protection)?
- Sound quality/performance: Do you hear crisp highs, clear mids, and decent bass for lows? How well does the brand hold up from a longevity standpoint as you wear it down, party after party or weekend after weekend marathon?! Is there a great music output but lackluster smartphone call clarity? Details matter!
- Controls: What are the physical controls, menus, and/or the app interface? Is it intuitive and easy to spot even at night? Are there physical LED indicators on the speaker housing or menu panel or control area that make it easy to toggle settings? That’s important in low-light scenarios OR even just quick adjustment when required.
- Style: Hey, the wireless speaker is going to be visible at home or work. So…does it fit your decor? Would you prefer that it stood out? Are the design aesthetics appealing or does it just look clunky causing you to force-fit it into your living space (or should you just hide it)?
Considering each of these points just adds to the adventure and fun of selecting the proper fit for your enjoyment!
The Best Bluetooth Speaker Under $100 That Are Absolutely Worth It
This year four speakers within this price range have impressed us at Seven Beatz. Each of the following devices is very affordable for their quality-tier and product class and they provide more than enough value to make it worthwhile.
As time passes, we’ll update our list of recommendations and revisit these to compare to current construction and wireless standards. Technology is never stagnant, that’s for certain.
A humble ‘thank you’ to you, the reader, if you click our links and images to vendor products. As an Amazon Associate, we earn commissions on qualifying purchases. It’s at no cost to you but it helps keep our lights on!
JBL Flip 5 Portable Bluetooth Wireless Speaker Bundle with Hardshell Protective Travel Case
This speaker comes with a traveling case so you can take it with you on the road without any worries. Protect it from unnecessary exposure including UV while in the case. Got young kids? Probably good to tuck it away when not in use.
The JBL Flip 5 will offer you 12-hours of music enjoyment on a full charge (your mileage may vary). But that will get you through the weekend patio lounge, cleaning spree, and/or the few friends you’ll have dinner with on the patio during summer. What’s more is you’ll enjoy stereo sound when you pair 2 speakers to expand your immersive experience!
You will definitely want to consider that cumulative pairing effect of multiple speakers. It can make all the difference. And there’s something quite appealing about its design.
Take it with you to your next pool party and enjoy the waterproof construction. A truly rugged outdoor speaker is key and you can’t put a price tag on your peace of mind not having to worry over your gear.
- IPX7 water resistance
- Protective storage case
- Multiple color options
- Not the most powerful bass
- Not the highest wattage rating
Bose SoundLink Micro, Portable Outdoor Speaker
Bose SoundLink Micro (#Ad)
This is the Bluetooth speaker made by Bose that is highly portable. Even enjoy taking your phone calls up to 30-ft. away which is a great convenience benefit.
If you enjoy Bose sound products and want something that you can easily take with you while traveling, you will love this speaker.
It has all of the fantastic features that you have come to love from Bose products. Plus, it was created with a conveniently portable design. Once you bring this unit (or units) home, get the Bose Connect app. They do recommend that you download firmware updates for any of your Bose Connect compatible devices. Believe it or not, they may not ship to your door fully updated.
Now, this is a double-edged sword. There are reports of some user experience bumps-and-bruises after you take a firmware update. But if you’re tech savvy, you know there are security patches, feature updates, and bug fixes that rollout during updates. So, it’s best practice to a least read into them to decide if you wish to download the update.
- Easily transport due to portable form factor
- Completely waterproof
- Built-in microphone with 30-ft. range
- Some users claim Bose Connect app firmware updates can hinder control settings
- Only 3 Color Choices
Ultimate Ears WONDERBOOM Portable Waterproof Speaker
Ultimate Ears WONDERBOOM (#Ad)
Ultimate Ears have quickly become one of the most reputable brands of Bluetooth speaker manufacturers. The Ultimate Ears form factor here lends itself well to hikers, backpackers, campers, white collar workers who travel from work-home-gym and run around after hours…you can leave them at all your normal haunts (well, protected areas that are frequented by trustworthy colleagues or in a locker).
UE built this reputation by providing consumers with affordable and high-quality sound solutions. The signal range is likely sufficient but you can boost Bluetooth signal by way of an additional amplifier, if required.
It has one of the most powerful speakers in its size class. The battery will give you over 10 hours worth of musical ecstasy so you can go all night long.
- Surprisingly powerful speaker
- 10-hour battery
- Pair multiple units to expand your immersive footprint
- Occasional unit will offer muffled sound at times
- Bass response leaves a little to be desired for you “boom” fans
JBL Clip 3 Portable Waterproof Wireless Speaker
JBL Clip 3 – Order Today (#Ad)
The built-in carabiner on this speaker allows you to easily clip it to anything to carry it with you hands-free.
If you have ever wanted to carry around music with you without having your hands full, this is your answer. Have an old laptop or PC sitting around without Bluetooth capability for this new speaker? No problem. There are Bluetooth USB adapters for that to help jumpstart that music party in the backyard!
Just be careful that you do not put anything with any weight on the carabiner because it is not as sturdy as it looks. However, it is more than sufficient to carry the speaker with you.
- Built-in clip for travel use
- 10-hour battery life (approx.)
- IPX7 Water Resistance
- May want to avoid long falls
- Carabiner could be more robust
There you have it. Once again, a high-quality wireless sound device lineup that won’t break the bank but will be music to your ears. Let your heart sing, my friends, get a few of these speakers and place them around the home and office. You’ll be absolutely stoked for taking this step – I know I am!
When you want to get a good night's rest, but it is noisy where you live, it is infuriating. Luckily, there are...
A nice pair of tough wireless speakers are perfect for your next get-together. Imagine being the host of a nice...
#Ad Picking the right speaker is an important decision. People who enjoy music will find it to be an even more...
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. When you click our links to external vendors and purchase an item, we will earn an affiliate commission. There is no additional cost impact to you but it helps keep our lights on so thank you for supporting us.